Wednesday 16 July 2014

Miranda

Yes everyone, I'm back !!!! I am always here, it is just that I hardy read nowadays. I'm very much occupied in learning a foreign language. That would be Korean.

But good news , good news!!! I have somehow managed to buy some books that are not only affordable but they have Christian themes as well. Ah, lovely !!

I'll start of with Miranda by Grace Livingston Hill. I remember reading about her biodata online some time ago. And I decided to buy this book.

Of course, this book is about a woman named Miranda. She is lively, kind, devoted to God and secretly in love with the " most dangerous guy " in her neighbourhood. Something terrible happened and the guy  was forced to leave ( to be precise, escaped from) the neighbourhood.

 But there is something everyone didn't know about the guy, or Allan Whitney ( his real name ) except for Miranda.

Allan Whitney was accused of killing a man that he didn't kill. Not only did he not defend himself, he was actually running away to protect the true murderer. And it was Miranda, our heroine who helped him to escape that fateful night. Whew, talk about drama and adventure.

The novel focuses a lot on how Miranda helps to encourage and help Allan's younger brother, Nathan. Nathan Whitney has lost his father's favor ever since his elder brother, Allan escaped. Nathan had been a little rebellious and it reminded his father of Allan.

Miranda slowly welcomed Nathan to her house and slowly Nathan began to feel the love of a family. Not only that, Miranda's friend , Mr David even offered to teach him lessons so that he can further his studies in a university. And boy, did he turn out fine and refined.

The plot slowly thickens as the true murderer was revealed by Miranda. By then, Allan's name was cleared and she longs to see him again. Safe and sound.

And of course, my dear readers , this story has a good ending.

This is my first time reading a Christian fiction , and I enjoyed it. I like how Miranda stands by the man she loves and how she often upholds him in prayer. She truly deserves a happy ending. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment