Sunday 20 January 2013

Finding a balance

I always had a problem with balancing, since I have acrophobia ( fear of height). But there is more to life than just balancing yourself on a bicycle or at a high mountain...... Balancing your life between your studies and other issues is becoming one of the most overwhelming task that one struggles with. It falls back to our identity at this present moment.



Me ? I'm a student, daughter, sister, friend, child of God, and the list goes on.... ( or is that all?? ) There is a lot actually, but the ones that I mentioned earlier at the ones that I should prioritize. So, how to find a balance???

Basically what parents will tell you is this ( modern day parents ) : Spend less time on Facebook!!!
Hahaha, even though this sounds amusing and a little cliche, it contains a tiny weeny truth. Facebook
( with all due respect to its founder and the guys who invented it ) , is slowly turning us to be more busy body, or in my case, I think I'm slowly turning into a professional stalker......
 *cue the horror music effect * I don't know how to defend myself except to say that so and so puts it as public, therefore I have the right to see it..... ( Yeah right....... )

So, I think I should take this advice into serious consideration. I'll try. I promise.

Today in church, Pastor Timothy shared about a very interesting topic about foundation. Every building has a sub structure, structure and super structure. He related all these elements to us, particularly in our life.



The sub structure represents who we are and what we do when no one sees. It also illustrates our true strength and unseen foundation. In this case, it is our spiritual depth.



The structure represents the areas we need to guard in our personal life. Our time with our loved ones, family and kindred spirit.





The super structure is our outward accomplishments in life and ministry, the ones that requires our competence and skills.


And one particular statement amazed me the most :

A super structure is only worthy when the substructure is solid and the structure is set in place.

Aren't we suppose to be this way?? Before setting up our super structure, we should always remind ourselves about our sub structure and structures in life. Then, only we can find our balance.

I pray that by God's grace, we all can find a balance in our everyday life, particularly as we walk alongside Him. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment