Tuesday 14 January 2014

Dear Sherlock Holmes

Dear Sherlock Holmes,

It's me here. I read about your adventures here and then. I watched movies about you, and I'm really into the BBC Sherlock series in which Benedict Cumberbatch is starring. I mean, you're so cool !
( Well, Ben gets the credit too though )

The first time I " met " you was when your best friend,  Dr John Watson compiled your adventures into a nice book, and I read them all. Yup, I know it's something not very proud when " The Woman" OUTWITTED YOU. But honestly, I think you're the best consultant detective EVER.

As a result of that, I began to hunt after your stories in the form of movies and series. Robert Downey Jr. portrayed you as a person who knows how to fight, and has a great reflex. While Benedict on the other hand, portrayed you as a DRAMA QUEEN. Indeed, which I think it's very acceptable, given your talents and character. I have yet to watch Elementary though, which starred Jonny Lee Miller.

Your observation skills , peculiar methods  and , science of deduction fascinate me, and makes me think OUT OF THE BOX. I sometimes impress my friends when I tell them things that I have observed about them. Thanks to our common hobby: OBSERVING.
But of course, my skills in this field is way below yours. And if you were to have me as an apprentice, you probably just need to make me Mrs Hudson's assistant. I can help out in some daily chores, if you don't mind.

I have just read The Hound of Baskervilles , and it is one of the most intriguing case I have ever read about you. Clearly, you can always count on Dr Watson to assist you, and he is a reliable person.
In the beginning I was a little lost and short sighted because I cannot see the connection between a stolen boot and the whole case. Why would someone want to steal Sir Henry's boots ? Then slowly I began to see the different relationships and social circles which overlapped the whole case. And the hound. It really does exist. And, I love the part where you and Dr Watson realised that it was actually a Baskerville who is the mastermind behind all this murder and suspense. I promise you, I'll read it again.

If there is any advice that I would give you, it's most probably just one. Go easy on the pipe please. Maybe it makes you more focus , Mr Holmes, but I think you're smart enough to deduce that it will cost your health soon.
Oh I forgot, you have a doctor as your best friend, so there's nothing to worry about, I presume ?

By the way, I have just completed watching the third season of Sherlock, and I will write my review soon. I wonder how you'll react if you were to watch it yourself.

P/s : Nevermind, if you didn't exist, your methods and adventures will stay as one of fiction's masterpiece.

Yours sincerely,

Joycelyn Ong

No comments:

Post a Comment