Saturday 21 December 2013

The Hobbit ( Book Review )

This is the second book that I am reading among the books that I have bought from the bookfair.

And my goodness, I just love this story.

It's a beautiful yet simple story, and it's easy to understand why LOTR trilogy and The Hobbit have so many fans around the world. I can easily imagine myself in Middle Earth and it's as if I'm going through the same journey with the 14 of them.

My favourite character is of course Bilbo Baggins. I mean he is so much like me. We prefer our old comfortable life , relaxing, carefree , without any worries and all. But deep down inside, we long for ADVENTURE !!
( But seriously I prefer another kind of adventure though, TALKING TO SMAUG ???  Thank you very much ....)

I can't believe I can identify myself with Bilbo to that extent, because at times in life , sometimes I feel as if I longed for an adventure and when it really happened, it just changed me from the inside out.

I too, like the company of friends. Maybe because you don't live with them , so there is less conflict with each other, compared to your own family. I like the fact that Bilbo dislikes some of his relatives, and favors some of them, particularly Frodo, which later became the main character in the LOTR trilogy.

The only disappointment I have while reading this book is regarding the death of Smaug. I was expecting Bilbo to slay it, ( SERIOUSLY I KNOW I THINK TOO MUCH ), it was the Bard who killed him, with some arrows ?? ( I need to re-read this part again ), and then HE DIED !!!!
I WAS LIKE , "  HE DIED JUST LIKE THAT ???"

Clearly Mr Toiken is not a fan of EXTREME DRAMA like Yours Truly. =P

But overall, I love this story, and I can't wait to read the LOTR trilogy.

Rating : 4.7/5

No comments:

Post a Comment