Tuesday 24 July 2012

Unusual truth

Today, I borrowed a book from the school's library. It was a new experience to me as I have to go through several processes to actually get a card and borrow a book. ( Did I mention that I had to pay 3 bucks for the card?)

Anyway, here is the book.
Interesting read.
The book was written in a diary form. Hence, it is not heavy and dull. Of course, the main character is Princess Isabel of Castilla. I have learnt about her and her husband, Fernando during my previous History lessons, but this book really helped me to discover another side of her. Well, nobody is perfect. 
Isabel has an interesting family background and the book described the social surroundings in Castilla perfectly well. The very fact that she was betrothed to her brother's thirty three brother in law at the age of fifteen is extremely outrageous!!! What was I doing at the age of fifteen???
Studying, studying, nothing but studying for examinations!!
 * Really am blessed*
But she eventually married Prince Fernando of Argon , who is one year her junior. They appeared to be very much in love with each other and they have 5 children.
Thing about them is that even though they claimed to be Christians, they sometimes do not act like one. They kill innocent people, consult astrologers and they simply don't walk the talk.

This book is an eye opener to the rich history of Spain and their royalties. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment