Tuesday 20 November 2012

Discover, Grow and Love

I guess this should be my motto for the entire holiday, or rather, my whole life??

Yes, this would be it.

A week, or two has since passed, and I am enjoying holiday, though I am aware of the fact that I need to  buckle up and study..... This is the confession of a Pre -U student while having her holidays........ Sigh oh dear ..... sigh.......

I have read an article about how to manage our time on Reader's Digest. ( I simply love the old ones better..... it's more compact, and more  genuine....) It talks about performing the " Daily Three" , meaning  you list down three things that you want to accomplish in a day..... I tried it, and it's quite successful!!  HAHAHAHA, yes, I'm not joking........

I tried out with this very simple example.

1. Finish my MUET homework
2. Read The Purpose Driven Life
3. Blogging

It worked, and it gives you a HUGE  sense of achievement. Seriously. ( You should try it someday....)

* This is what I discovered @ 1

By reading the Purpose Driven Life, I have also discovered about what God wants for us, the best for us! I find myself nodding in agreement each time I read this book. I couldn't be more thankful that God has chosen me to be ME, and not some random people outside there.

I came across this scripture,

" For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2.10

Isn't this beautifully put?

* Discovery @ 2

Patience, this  is by far the hardest fruit of the spirit that one needs to "master". Sometimes, the people that really test your patience is, no doubt the people closest to you. ( You should  know what I mean.....) And it's not BIG matters, but simply just petty issues......
I don't know, sometimes PETTY issues do more HARM than BIG  issues..... ( at least, it is.... in my case........) I just hope I will be more patient, to whom it may concern......... =)
I think self control is tough too...... Especially when it comes to Internet and good food...... sigh...... I hope God will grant me the strength to be VICTORIOUS!  ( I watch this series, and it's really nice! )

* Discovery @3

So, now what? Growing process..... Once again, I am a part of the choir team for Christmas. Exams and school life have made me passive, and I became a couch potato...... sort of...... Somehow, I am in , this time as a conductor.... I think God is trying to remind me about the true meaning of Christmas. Christmas isn't Christmas till it happens in your heart. <3

I hope that everything  will run smoothly, all glory to God.

Love. Love is the greatest gift that God has gave us. Of course, there are different types of love in this world. I used to think that the love between a man and  a woman is amazing, BUT  now I know that nothing can ever be compared to God's love to us. There will be a sense of emptiness in us forever if God's love is not flowing in us. I remembered  what my pastor preached last  Sunday on what should we say if we meet God one day. I seriously  don't know.... I have nothing to say for myself, apart  from the fact that I haven't done enough and I am not a good person...... ( What a relieve that I am awake now....)

I felt really  bad, because sometimes  I think I am a better friend than a better daughter and sister. I hope God can fix this........... Amen.

So, Discover, Grow and together with me, alright?

No comments:

Post a Comment