Tuesday 4 December 2012

Little Women

* Pads on shoulder
I did it, I read this amazing Christmas present ! =)
What can I say?? It's really a very heart warming and such a satisfying book !
The story revolves around 4 sisters, namely Margaret " Meg", Josephine " Jo", Elizabeth " Beth" and the youngest, Amy. This story depicts the one year that the sisters and their mother went through without their father, as he went for war. ( During the American Civil War ) As the girls struggled and learnt how to become little women as their father hoped that they would one day be, they befriended their lonely neighbours, The Lawrence family. Jo especially, formed a strong bond with Theodore Lawrence " Laurie" as they are of the same age , and shared many similarities.

The two families helped each other through thick and thin, and considered each other a blessing. Each sister has her own distinct personality and I can't help but identify myself with Jo, the topsy turvy girl, who loves to read and write...... She is one courageous girl who dares to talk to a fierce looking old man aka as Mr Lawrence ( Laurie's grandfather)  Did I mention that she has an " unpredictable short temper" too? This is totally so me.....
Meg, being the eldest is somewhat a responsible sister and takes care of the household when both her parents are away from home. She, too has her own flaws as she sometimes get carried away with worldly things and people.... But thankfully, she has a bunch of "little sisters" to bring her back to reality. Oh, and somebody fell in love with her too.... ( I wouldn't tell here, read the book yourself! )

Beth is one character that one couldn't help but love her. She is always thinking of her family and has a gentle spirit. She is basically the peacemaker between her sisters, particularly between Jo and Amy. She is said to be quite sickly and loves to play with her dolls.

Amy is the youngest , she is very particular on how she looks and loves drawing. She was formerly known to be very selfish and not understanding, but as times goes by she learns to think less of herself and think more of others.

Can you guess who's the artist behind this? 

I really love this story. I find myself controlling my anger more frequently now, not because it's the right thing to do, but it's because I love the March sisters and I love my family. =)

Rating : 4.8/ 5

No comments:

Post a Comment