Wednesday 20 June 2012

Anne of Green Gables~~

When I saw this book during a book fair in my school, I told myself I am not leaving the hall without the book!! True enough, I kept my word. I have been searching high and low for this book, what more this is the complete and unabridged version!!! I nearly bought this book several years ago, when mum told me to choose between Jane Eyre and Anne of Green Gables. Lo and behold, I chose the former and I didn't regret it. Ah, the wonders of books.....

Hence, I begin my journey of knowing Anne. Pleasure indeed to know her actually, though it is a real pity that such a character would n't  have exist in today's modern world, not everyone can talk like Anne , I doubt that she will talk endlessly if she were to have a Facebook or Twitter account. Most probably she would be seraching for  some images of beautiful scenery , writing them down( renaming them) or stalking on Gibert Bythe's account( if he has one.....) Oh, the bliss of imagination!!

I am rereading Anne of Green Gables and the vocabularies just put me to shame. I just have to depend on the dictionary to have a better understanding on how beautiful Prince of Edward Island is. Lucy Maud Montgomery has the gift of apt and precise description of a place, and trust me I so want to live in Green Gables!! Well, dream on........( No harm in doing so)

Anne is just the kind of girl that I wished I was. Cheerful, imaginative, romantic, pugnacious and INTELLIGENT!!! To think of the fact that she actually ended with ties together with Gilbert Blythe
( he sure has brains!!!), she really made us all females proud!!! I like how she carried herself and studied Maths even though her teacher generally looked down on her!! Such character!! No wonder Gilbert Blythe fell head over heels over her...... Even though he insulted her because of her red hair. Remember about his carrots remarks???

That practically set Anne on fire!!! Who would ever thought that she too, will show admiration towards him as the story goes??

To end this blog.....
A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy.

Hmmm, quotable quotes, points to ponder, what else, a good book to read!!

No comments:

Post a Comment