Wednesday 20 June 2012

Collecting memories-- 1 February 2012~

Today is one of the day that I will remember for the rest of my life! Today was Puan Chan's retirement and as you know I have been writing lots of stuff about this event, our plans this and that , my oh my after all that we have prepared and been through, I'm so glad that we have made it!! Today morning I woke up with mosquitoes 'bites all over my hand. Last night, I was actually semi conscious , half asleep, half awake .... I was simply so nervous about today, whether everything will run smoothly or not.... Oh, what a night!!
I woke up early, ate breakfast, took my shower and get dressed. I first went to see Puan Inah, who was the emcee for the event, I asked her not to mention about who is going to perform and our plans etc.Next, I went to notify Puan Elizabeth about our gifts and helped her carries some gifts to her car.I then called several of my classmates , some were on their way, some were just about to come out.... Nevertheless, I looked at my watch, we still have time, don't panic Deborah Aurora! I rushed to the hall and saw Tung and we went to the backstage, thank God one after another they came, although Hamizah had to leave early... how sad.
We were a bit shocked when our senior assistant of students affair approached us and told us that those wearing jeans we are not allowed to go on stage.We restructured our plan. Come to think about it, this is entirely my fault and I should have make sure about the dress code. Somehow I told myself that the show must indeed go on, and I kept my cool ( I was almost crying). If I were to be emotional, who will lead them?? I have to be a professional at that time....
I went over to the teachers' side whereby the control system of the computers and curtains were there. When the video was played, everyone was basically laughing and it was actually a surprise to me to see the teachers who watched the video yesterday laughing again... I have nothing but compliments for the video. A job well done by Irina and all the actresses!! Then, someone told us that everyone is now allowed to go on stage!! Yeah, praise God! I quickly press the button to close the curtain, and you know what, the curtain at the right side got jammed, oh dear at that time, thank God there were a few prefects who helped us... It was so funny!! The girls arranged themselves on stage , with their back facing the crowd( it was my idea, but not a very good one-- for the sake of suspense...), and when they turned, the music started playing, and they swayed and waved, oh dear what a scene!! I was at the backstage looking at them, and then came a point where it was a little uneasy and the teachers suggested that I go join them. And I did, it was a little awkward though, but a nice piece of memory that I will treasure for the rest of my life. We bowed and after we gave teacher the gifts, we went down to take some pictures, with friends and teachers.
What a day in school!! I really love the antique car that Puan Chan was in when we waved her goodbye!
Nice! Sweet!
Later today, I went to church for the practise for the youth party. I think God somehow paved the way for me. At first I was to play the keyboard but Maria didn't bring hers, so I went for back up singing instead. I enjoyed it, together with Amelia. I think that I still need lots of practise to play the keyboard. God just eased my burden. He always does. Well, it is a very busy and fruitful day eh?
 What's for tomorrow, my first driving lesson! Let's just hope that I will enjoy it!
I will sleep with a smile on my face tonight!


                                                      The girls after the whole presentation~
                                                    Had a photo with Mr Chin, our Physics teacher for two years.
                                                         Mr David  took this picture.
Love is everywhere! Our gift to Puan Chan
                                                                   Puan Chan, our Sejarah teacher! May God bless her~

No comments:

Post a Comment