Wednesday 20 June 2012

My first movie review ( seriously...)

These few months at home made me think and wander even more, I no longer need to study about trigonometry or salts or whatever--> basically I am on a break. Well a very long break........ This is indeed the perfect getaway or rather bonus time where I get to watch the movies that I have planned to watch after completing SPM. I watched many movies, but today I want to do a movie review on Tangled. ( A loose adaption from the story Rapunzel.)
What do you expect from a Disney movie?
1. Songs
2. A castle, king, queen.....
3. Talking animals or in this case, highly intelligent animals
4. Magic
Synopsis
Yes, Tangled has all the elements above. The heroine , Rapunzel a princess was kidnapped by Gothel, an old lady who wants to be forever young. You see, Rapunzel's hair will glow when she sings and apparently those light can heal, make one young etc. Rapunzel has been calling Gothel "mother" for 18 years, not knowing the truth that she was the long lost princess of the country. She however couldn't hide her curiosity when she sees lanterns like bright stars in the sky every night on her birthday. She wondered, what do they possibly symbolize? Was it meant for her?  Meanwhile, one of the kingdom's most wanted thief, Flynn Rider found his way to Rapunzel's tower. Instead of letting her hair down to welcome her prince charming, Rapunzel used her long, long hair to sort of " protect herself" I leave you to figure out yourself. She made a deal with him and both of them embarked on a journey like never before. Yes, they did fall in love, but someone was always there to make things hard for them.

** My personal review
I have been searching for the right movie, simple, sweet, funny, and Tangled has it all! Imagine my excitement when I found this movie on youtube. The songs in the movie are nice and this is no ordinary fairytale, whereby there is no prince, but who cares??? I would love to see more Disney movies like this. This movie made me laugh, cry and sigh all the way long. Definitely one movie you shouldn't miss!

Rapunzel( voiced by Mandy Moore)
She is not your typical princess, and certainly not a damsel in distress. Love her pan!!

Flynn Rider/ Eugene( voiced by Zachary Levi)


What a pose?!! Eugene is not a bad apple after all. He has a kind heart.( Did I mention that he can sing too??)


Woot Woot,  even a frying pan can save the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment