Monday 18 June 2012

Eye opener

Today is a blessed day. Forget the part that today is a public holiday......
I followed my fellow Christian Fellowship members to visit the old folks in Megaway  Old Folks Home. This is a center run by a generous Christian couple. I was actually quite looking forward to this event. I had been to an old folks home, but this experience is different. Totally different.

I paired up with Anne, my classmate and we started to talk to some of the old folks. One of them is Uncle Goh, who is friendly and nice. He is a Christian( praise God) and he speak fairly good Cantonese and Mandarin. ( Anne had to speak to him in BM, but they can still communicate! ) He talked about his grand daughter  who is about our age and that she is entering university. I can see that he is very proud of her.

However he too expressed his sadness when he told us that his children didn't visit him this year. Uncle Goh is wheelchair bound due to a minor stroke, and he never failed to make Anne and myself feel at home at all times. I really enjoyed talking to him. One particular moment, I was holding his hands while we had praise and worship. He told me he can't clap his hands, so I clapped his hands. I will never ever forget that particular memory!
There were others too, I don't know their names but I'll certainly remember their faces......  They truly need love and care. It is a cruel fact, that everyone will grow old. Mind you, growing old is a painful process for most of us. When our body fails us, when we can't do the things that we normally do, when our children can't take care of us anymore....... Kinda depressing actually, but I am not going to let this experience to die off. I will continue to pray for these old folks, and that those who are not saved will be saved in the arms of Christ! =)

A truly memorable and fruitful event organised by our CF! Looking forward to our next visit!
*pls : Uncle Goh kissed my hand before we left!! May God bless him and all the old folks! =)


Brown Heart quote of the day: Growing old is inevitable, growing cold however is a matter of choice.

Take care and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment